Drinking Vinegar, Gin & Tonic
Our drinking vinegars are a fine way to really elevate your weekend G&T. Raunchy flavour & zippy acidity can easily be added to this bittersweet and complex drink by adding a simply splash.
We make our drinking vinegars like a cordial so a really splash goes a long way, adding complexity, upping the acid levels, and boosting character to what is already a super-awesome beverage to enjoy.
Our drinking vinegars are in no way limited to alcoholic beverages. Get creative with alternative tonics and sodas, then get your garnish game on.
In this recipe we decided to use our Strawberry & Black Peppercorn Drinking Vinegar, and compliment the taste profiles with a garnish of fresh dill. Whichever drinking vinegar of ours you have at home, you can follow the same recipe but substitute different tonics and garnishes to your taste.
We implore you to get creative with garnishes. Fruit & foliage are used to enhance drinks like the gin & tonic to compliment and accentuate the aromatic character of the subtle taste notes. Have fun exploring your options!
Please read how to make below.
…but really, just throw it all together. You can’t go wrong!
- 2oz of gin – we recommend a local product like Woods Spirits Cascade Gin
- 1oz of Scratch Strawberry & Peppercorn Drinking Vinegar
- 3-4oz good quality tonic water
- sprig of fresh dill
- wine glass or bowl style glass
- metal straw (optional)
- small spoon
- Add some decent ice cubes to your glass.
- Pour your gin, choice of drinking vinegar over the ice. Leave out the gin if you want a refreshing zero-proof beverage!
- Top up your good quality tonic water.
- Give it a quick stir to gently incorporate the the liquids with the ice, but not to agitate the carbonation too much!
- Garnish with your choice of complimentary aromatics and/ or fruit.
PRO-TIP: if you are using a fresh herbal garnish (like dill, or mint) give it a semi-hard clap between your hands and brush the rim of the glass before popping it in. This will burst some of the cells releasing amazing aromatics that will get all up in your face as you take a sip!