Kimchi Grilled Cheese
If you haven’t tried the juicy combination of gooey grilled cheese, loaded up with tangy kimchi in a toasted sandwich then you need this in your life! We are using the type of bread that’s only fit for a grilled cheese, and only the most plastic of American cheese (we’re real life adults, we promise).
This is a super easy recipe that you can throw together in no time – just make sure you’ve got a napkin for all cheesy, kimchi drops.
The flavor combination of the melted cheese and the fermented funk of the kimchi is something else. Putting these together between two crispy slices of bread is the only real way to contain what is going on. Our kimchi will keep you wanting to remake this grilled cheese sandwich every single day until your jar is empty, in which case, come and see us.
Nothing beats a good grilled cheese. A nostalgic delight, transformed into a new classic using our signature kimchi.
Please read how to make below.
- white bread
- melty cheese – we use a blend of shredded Red Leicester and American cheese, because frankly, it’s a winning combination
- canola oil
- frying pan
- heavy metal pot lid
- Heat a pan and add a dab of butter and canola oil to lightly coat the pan surface.
- Butter the outside of the bread slices and assemble your sandwich. Layer your cheeses, a good crack of pepper and finally, a nice layer of kimchi…. stanky, cheesy, funky.
- Press into the hot buttered pan, keeping the heat to medium. Press the sandwich with a weight or a heavy pot lid, this allows for an even, golden crust.
- After about 5 minutes, turn and press on the other side for about the same time, watching for that perfect caramelization.
- Launch into the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is gooey and melty.
- Cool slightly on a cutting board. Slice with a bread knife. Don’t burn your face on the molten cheese.